Sunday, August 23, 2009

15 minutes

So, I've found this new cleaning routine that might just change my life. Every day I'm going to take 15 minutes to focus on one room of my house. Now, 15 minutes may not sound like much, but to a cleaner-hater like me it might as well be 15 days (and sadly it's more cleaning than I'm currently doing so what have I got to lose). At any rate, I'll set the timer & when it goes off I can be done! Hm, not much different than when Hannah gets in trouble, eh?

Anyways, it's worked out beautifully this week. My house is 3 rooms cleaner than it was on Monday! I've been quite impressed with how much I can get done in only 15 minutes and how big a difference it has made in my life. Now, my house is only usually this clean when I know people are coming over. And by people I mostly mean a large group of people that I don't know very well. If it's family or close friends...well, they just have to deal with the mess. I feel great knowing that I'm keeping the house clean for myself and my family. Shouldn't I treat my family better than company? Well, I'm trying. Granted I have a small house so it's fairly easy to hit every room in one week. And in case you're interested here's my schedule:

Monday - Laundry Room
Tuesday - Living Room
Wednesday - Bathroom
Thursday - Kitchen
Friday - Me & Chad's Room
Saturday - Hannah's Room
Sunday - REST

We'll see how long I can keep up. The pregnancy hormones sure do help with the desire to de-clutter and keep clean! (Oh, and don't tell the fitness police, but I also count it as 15 minutes of light exercise because I'm usually up moving around quickly and exerting some energy!)

As I'm on my journey to a cleaner house I've been doing research on cleaning methods and products. If you have any tips or recipes that work for you please share!!

2 comments:

  1. very good tips, thanks for sharing! my favorite thing about our tiny house is the fact that it takes so little time to clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea! I think I am going to steal it! With working full time and my extreme pregnancy fatigue it just takes everything I have to muster up the energy to clean. Usually it takes a good 2-3 weeks to muster up that energy and then I only half clean because it takes 2+ hours to clean the whole house! I could do this when I get home from work or get up from sleeping and be done for the day! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete