Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hit Me with Your Best Shot

So, I love love love the fall! Such fabulous foods folks! How can one not enjoy the change of menu?!? The preparation (usually only mentally at this point, but still) for the holidays and all the anticipation of time with family and friends (and all the food that goes with it!!). Ah, this is one instance when I appreciate change.

I have somehow managed to convince my mom, aunt, sister, and mother-in-law to come over in a couple weeks to help me with an all day cooking and freezing extravaganza. (Insert evil laugh here.) Ok, ok, so I know how I did it...I confess...I pulled the pregnancy card & granddaughter card. I've got to take full advantage of this pregnancy while I can (and I only have 12 weeks remaining) . And in case the 26 lbs I've gained so far isn't proof enough that I'm taking advantage of being pregnant, I'm going to use it to coerce people to come spend a day at my house cooking for me! hehe It's a grand plan really. I'm quite proud of it.

At any rate...if you could send me your best and most loved fall and winter recipes I would be especially grateful! (And if you happen to have any that freeze really well that would even better!)

3 comments:

  1. I think I've been had!! But as long as it includes time with my daughter and granddaughter-I'm okay with that!!

    Can't wait for the 24th!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I'm the aunt! :) Can't wait!

    I freeze spaghetti sauce. I would love to bring some for your freezer if you want it. Can you eat it? Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm the sister :) hehe
    I also cannot wait for this lovely extravaganza! But remember, I'm not so excellent in the cooking and freezing department. . . babysitting, on the other hand I can handle. lol

    ReplyDelete