Friday, September 18, 2009

Address to the Maternity Clothing Industry

I would like to address the maternity clothing industry for one moment. Please take to heart...otherwise all my hormonal ranting & raving will be for nothing. It's not wise to make a pregnant woman feel as though she exerted her energy for no reason.

First, let me remind you that just because I'm pregnant does not mean that I need puff sleeves on every shirt. I'm sure you intend your puff sleeves to help offset the ever-growing belly, however they do not do that. There is no real way to compensate for the growing belly. The puff sleeves really only accomplish making me look puffy everywhere and that is something that I do not need your help with. I seem to manage being puffy everywhere all on my own.

Second, can you please put a normal neckline on some of your shirts? I do realize that on a normal woman it might not be a huge deal, but trying to adjust to my larger-than-normal chest size is very difficult. I have come to the conclusion that all of your clothing must be designed by men who have never had to actually live in the pregnant body and whose hormones are the same as ever and who we all know tend to enjoy this one side of pregnancy. However, I do not appreciate that every shirt hits lower than normal (let me remind you that pregnancy acne isn't just on the face, folks).

Third, can you please find a way to make pants that have a crotch? Just because my stomach is growing doesn't mean that my legs have gotten longer or shorter. I do not enjoy the chafing or hideousness that this has caused me. I do need to stop and offer one huge thank you to Old Navy for figuring out to produce a fabulous pair of jeans! If the rest of you could figure out how to duplicate that pregnant women everywhere could start to look normal.

Thank you for taking all my suggestions to heart. Seeing as this is my final pregnancy I will not directly reap the benefits of my suggestions. But, as history has shown us there must be sacrifice on the part of those who have gone before in order to help future generations. If you need further suggestions please feel free to contact me as my opinions are in abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment