Wednesday, September 16, 2009

No Deal

We finally decided...no van. We just couldn't do it. I guess after you work so hard to pay off a vehicle it makes it harder to get rid of! We really love our car and in the end all that we would lose didn't make it worth all that we would gain. In case you're interested and even if you're not...here are the 3 main reasons.

1. We really like our car, it's easy for me to drive and get in & out of out.
2. We don't want to up our gas costs at a time when our income won't be as steady.
3. The only time we really need the extra room a van provides is when we go home to see our families...and surely we can all tough it out in the car for an hour & a half.

Bonus reason - I am sentimental. That was the car Chad bought me right before he deployed to Iraq and we paid it off mostly with army pay. I spent a long year & a half in that car when he was gone. I just couldn't part with it.

So there you have it. Who knew SarahFae couldn't handle that much change? I'm sure we'll end up with a van at some point, but just not now. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you made a good decision based on facts and emotions--Good job!! After all it is your driving habits that are important. And, as long as you have enough room to get everyone and everything home to visit it really doesn't matter!!

    ReplyDelete